This blog is designed for the bride looking for a relaxing experience during the planning process. We will share the latest trends, ideas & more, including highlights of the weddings & events Glitz Event Design has created...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

re-Structuring/Focusing/Building...

Greetings,

It's been awhile since I last blogged. I have been busy and not so busy. The wedding industry was really affected due to the economy and it of course affected Events by Candace. This caused me to re-Evaluate, re-Structure, re-Focus and re-Build my business. I wasn't even sure if I still wanted to plan weddings anymore because of the indecisiveness of potential clients and the disappointment of not getting hired after meeting with so many potential clients...so I decided to pray about it and pray about it some more. At one point, I lost the desire but I had to keep going because I had 2010 weddings to plan. I kept saying and still say this scripture of encouragement everyday to myself, God hears your voice..."Bring your Request to Him and wait Expectantly." Ps 5:3. It is important to remain steadfast because all of us will be tried but my love and desire to make others happy was my push to continue my business. I love & more importantly enjoy planning & creating events and I don't want to STOP and I'm not going to STOP.


After praying about it, I decided to re-Structure my business. My assistant, Jennifer Chaney, said that whatever I decide she backs me 100%. I love and appreciate her for saying that...her patience and more importantly her spirit let's me know that she really wants to do this and that she has my back. It is hard to find someone like that as I have had a couple of other assistants in the past who did not work out due to their impatience.


Events by Candace has decided to NOT stop planning weddings but has decided that weddings will not be our primary Focus. Events by Candace will be planning upscale parties/events, children/adult parties/soirees, housewarming parties, Sweet 16's, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, corporate events, reunions, fundraisers & more...oh and a few weddings here and there. Events by Candace still has relationships with an entourage of upscale vendors (event designers, photographers, DJ's, florists, bands, caterers, pastry chefs, facilities, hotels, etc.) throughout the City of Chicago that fit our clients needs & desires.


Words of encouragement: "Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." I am VERY excited about Events by Candace's new journey and welcome you to follow us during this journey and can't wait to start planning our/your next event!!! In the next couple of months, we will be re-Structuring & re-Building our website, but for now it remains the same. In the meantime,




Happy Planning!





Find this blog interesting? Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support.


{On a side note: I must point out that Events by Candace is NOT a "come to" company for "free suggestions" as we work VERY hard to establish relationships with vendors all over the City of Chicago and beyond. I have had friends/people in general come to me for suggestions but I am an event planner, not a free service to provide suggestions...so with that being said, if you are interested in our services, I invite you to email us at info@eventsbycandace.net so that we may set up an appointment for your next event.}

4 comments:

  1. That's outstanding Candace. Way to hang in and adjust. Proud of you and always looking to you as an example.

    In case you're on the look out for venue options I was in The Little Black Pearl the other day and they rent part of their space for events too. It's right in the middle of the building with plenty of atrium light.

    http://www.blackpearl.org/

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin, thanks for the suggestion and your words. I am ALWAYS looking for venues to put on my list.

    Candace =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow the blog and had been wondering where you had gone. It's good to see you are back at what you do best! Good luck with the remainder of the year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Quiana. Appreciate your kind words.

    Candace =)

    ReplyDelete