This blog is designed for the bride looking for a relaxing experience during the planning process. We will share the latest trends, ideas & more, including highlights of the weddings & events Glitz Event Design has created...

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Chicago's Hidden Gem

Steps from the Magnificent Mile, the Affinia Chicago features a prime location at the windy City's epicenter of shopping, entertainment, culture and business.








Feature of the Month (May 2009). I was invited recently by Christina Denihan (Affinia’s catering and conference services manager) for an intimate dinner and tour of Affinia Chicago - A Cityscape Hotel, which is right next to one of my favorite stores in the City the wonderful Neiman Marcus on East Superior Street. Honestly, I never heard of the Affinia Hotel until I received the phone call. After entering this chic & modern Hotel, I was very impressed. I immediately thought this is “Chicago’s Hidden Gem.” After my tour of the large guest rooms and banquet facilities, we were taken to the top floor to the C-View rooftop bar and lounge. I fell in love. CS Magazine’s Dec 2008 issue recognizes C-View rooftop lounge as their pick for the hottest bars of ’09. The C-View rooftop lounge has views of the entire city. This is a must see before the summer ends….totally breathtaking.





The Delicious Fish Tacos

After my breathtaking view of the C-View rooftop lounge, we were then graced with dinner at C-House {Fish and Chops) Restaurant by Executive Chef Marcus Samuelsson, which is located on the lower level of the Hotel. We had an array of entrees. My favorites were the chorizo mac & cheese, salmon, fish tacos, and the rolls (which were totally awesome with melted cheese in the center). For dessert we were given small wedding cakes & cookies to take home by flour {cake and pastry} a new cake & pastry boutique created by Janet Lee and Nicole Chibnik who will be the main source of pastries for Affinia’s Hotel weddings. I would like to share what is written on the website about C-House (and very well put I may add). It reads, “C-House, Marcus Samuelsson’s Fish and Chophouse offers a personal touch of refinement, sophistication and simplicity. C-House features C-Bar, a large, prominent raw bar at which guests can sit and view the preparation of their menu choices. The open kitchen, located just beyond C-Bar, can be viewed from various points throughout the restaurant.” C-House’s exceptional food and service can also be enjoyed for social or corporate occasions. C-House and C-View are both available for larger parties.

There are 215 guest rooms and suites which feature a bi-level entry that creates a residential feeling (one of the highlights for me is the 6 choice pillow menu). The Affinia Chicago also has SPAfinnia, which is in-room massage therapy. The Affinia Chicago has different names or whatever type of meeting you want, one of my favorites is the Green Meetings (eco-friendly). If you are thinking about having your wedding here, there are a few options, you can use the entire floor where the banquet room is located or if you do not need all that space, you can use other sections of the banquet rooms.

I could go on and on about what I view as “Chicago’s Hidden Gem,” and I invite you to visit this Hotel, have your wedding/reception there or next corporate or social event. If you would like more information, please email me at info@eventsbycandace.net. I would love to introduce you to the wonderful catering manager, set up a tour, etc., etc. Trust me you will not be disappointed, this is truly Chicago’s Hidden Gem.

I am here to assist you with all of your planning needs, but for now...

Happy Planning!


Find this blog interesting? Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment