This blog is designed for the bride looking for a relaxing experience during the planning process. We will share the latest trends, ideas & more, including highlights of the weddings & events Glitz Event Design has created...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

2010 Networking Events::Who said the Wedding Season is Over...

This week has been a busy Networking week for wedding pros in Chicago.  Technically, the wedding season has ended but industry and wedding professionals have been busy putting together some fabulous events this month for us to network and relax after a long 2010 season.

 Scott and Cara Nava, Owners of Carasco Photography

On October 20, Scott and Cara Nava a/k/a "Power Couple," owners of Carasco Photography, hosted 8 til 8, an exclusive planner event, to benefit Wish Upon Wedding.  I had a great time meeting new friends and networking with some I already know at this event that was held at The Underground.  Sushi, wine and sake was provided by Sunda.  Delicious sweets provided by my girl, Naomi of TipsyCake and beautiful floral by Topiarius.


I met three wonderful individuals at the 8 til 8 event that I would like to mention:


Ben Reid of Foodie Registry (just recently wrote about on my blog, Daily Inspiration 2011::FoodieRegistry.com); Sharon Patrice of Simply Perfect Peace Events who also wrote a great blog regarding these events as well, Networking Chicago Style - 8 til 8 and TheKnot.com.  Check it out! and Susan Metropoulos of The Left Bank.

I would like to share a few pictures (courtesy of Carasco Photography) from this event...


Ben Reid & I


Beautiful floral arrangement by Topiarius, Inc.

* * * * *

 
On October 20, The Knot hosted a night of Glitz and Glam for wedding pros at the Chicago History Museum.  This event was fabulous.  I met some great people and ran into some industry friends.  Loved the Ice Sculptures by Nadeau's Ice Sculptures, Inc., enjoyed the food from Parties & Special Events by Lettuce Entertain You and the beautiful florals by Dilly LillyMy business associate, Bryant Johnson of Steelelife Gallery and I had a great time networking and meeting peeps...we even took some time out to take some "silly" photos at the Shutterbooth booth.  Kudos again to The Knot and founder of The Knot, Carley Roney for hosting such a fabulous event.  *The Knot is hosting a virtual food drive to benefit Feeding America.  Click here to participate. 

* * * * *


On October 21, M&M The Special Events Company hosted their merger with True Cuisine Catering at Danada House in Wheaton.  I was not able to attend this event due to client meetings but I do appreciate the invite because M&M is one of my preferred vendors who has done work for me and they are GREAT!

Networking is so important.  I talk about it more in a previous blog entry, Why Networking is ImportantThe month is not over and I still have a few networking events to attend this month, as well as November and December.  I love this time of year because it gives all of us a chance to meet, talk, share, etc., without all the pressure of work (though in a sense we are still working)...

Ciao for now,





To be continued...


Find this blog interesting? Mention us in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support.

Photos courtesy of Carasco Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment